Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Celebrations & Holidays

Every year, starting with Thanksgiving, life seems to be put in fast-forward.  This year was no different.  It was a great time of celebration.  Here are some picture snapshots of what has passed by way too quickly!

Thanksgiving was a small gathering this year--with only the Godfather, the Queen Bee, Captain America and myself.  It was our last "event" in the house that I grew up in.  We finished it off by going through old photographs and albums.
Captain America and myself went to pick-out our Christmas tree the next day...
We also went on a quest for some snowshoeing, that weekend, but there wasn't quite enough snow for the snowshoes.  It turned into an absolutely beautiful hike with an iced-over lake!
December brought on the celebrations.  Starting with my sister's big 30 and followed by the Godfather's birthday.  For each of the celebrations I looked through more photo albums for "classic" photos of us together:
We celebrated Christmas with our new tradition of FaceTiming my brothers (who live in Hungary), so that way we can all open presents and stockings together:
The following week, Captain America and myself celebrated 7 years of marriage by getting away to the beautiful Sound area.  We had a cute cottage right on the water and did many day excursions...Poulsbo, Port Gamble, Bainbridge Island, Seattle, etc.
And the holidays were finished off, just right: with snow!! Resulting in an extra day off from school.
As for this New Year, I've decided to start a new craft...
And now we find ourselves getting ready and excited for my sister's big wedding day...which includes bridal shower and bachelorette preparation!  We are also working on decorating my parents new home and putting the finishing touches on the place...which, of course, has my interest piqued!

What are your plans for this upcoming year? Hope your holidays were filled with love and joy.
  ~Andréa    

No comments: