Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Spring Has Sprung!

Spring is in the air, big time, in the Pacific Northwest!  It has, actually, almost been verging on summer weather for a lot of our spring.  Regardless, it is a great time of year and also filled with an excitement for students (and teachers!), as summer is almost here...
Although, I have had to lay low this spring, because of a flare and UC symptoms, here are some snapshots of the better times that I'll remember about this spring...
For Spring Break this year, I planned a ladies getaway for women who were able to take time off mid-week.  We did a relaxing three days and two nights on the Oregon Coast.  We couldn't have planned for better weather...in the 60s and beautiful!  Some of the ladies were able to run on the beach and hike.  I spent a lot of time laying-out on the beach and reading.  We were able to eat meals together, play games, and talk.  There's nothing quite like having time to just 'be' with other women!
As I stated, our weather has been crazy-beautiful and actually warm, with much less rain than usual.  Here is a snapshot from outside our house one evening...
My parents were able to take a 3-week vacation to visit my brothers in Hungary!  With iPhone picture sharing, Captain America, myself, and my sister have been able to spend three virtual weeks with constant updates of all of the beautiful sites and great times that they have had while away...
One Saturday this spring, Captain America just HAD TO surf.  So we made it a day trip and taught a friend how to surf for the first time.  Amos and myself watched from the sand, but, again, a beautiful day in the sun!
Early spring, the Queen Bee and I put bids in for English Shepherd puppies!!  So, we spent 8 weeks constantly checking the picture updates for our pups and also went to visit them around 4 weeks.  Two weekends ago, Captain America and I picked-up the two pups (since my parents were still in Hungary) and we kept their puppy, Eli, for an extra six days.  Let's just say, it was a gong-show.  Here they are when we first brought them to our house...
And, here is my pup, Caleb, on our first day together...
Now, we are in the midst of full-blown puppy training.  He's a fun one to be excited to come home to after a work day.  His personality is quite different from Amos but he's attached quickly to him and they are the best of friends.  At least, Caleb thinks so...
And, with a blink of an eye, I know that spring will be over and we will be on to the next season.  I'm looking forward to see what summer will have in store for us!
~Andréa
How about you? What has your spring been like?

No comments: