Wednesday, August 20, 2014

20 Days of {Summer} Happiness!...Day 17

{Day 17} Covering the Details

As stated previously, our laundry room has walls thanks to Captain America...well, it actually only has two walls; the other two walls are cement combined with many ducts and vents hanging from the "ceiling" in weird places.  I'm not really sure what options we have of ever making the walls, ceiling and ducts like that of a regular room.  It is quite the conundrum!

Anyways, I became inspired to make it look a little bit "cleaner" in there, when I found old curtains in our storage area.  I was even able to use a curtain rod from one beam to the other for one section!  For the other section (that has many low ducts), I had to be a bit more creative.  In the end, I'm quite 'happy' with it...even Captain America said it looks much cleaner in there because of the curtains.   
It's definitely not ideal but the curtains are covering some of the 'details' of this lovely basement laundry room!

~Andréa
Do you have an area of your home where you have creatively covered the 'details'?

No comments: